Hudson graduate Meaghan Grant finishes second at junior golf event in Ravenna
Hudson graduate Meaghan Grant finished in a tie for first place with a score of 77 in the girls’ 16-to-19 age group at a Northern Ohio PGA Junior Golf event July 17 at Windmill Lakes Golf Club in Ravenna.
Other Hudson residents who competed are as follows:
• Girls (age 11 to 15): Ellie Davis, 13th, 142; and
• Boys (11-15): James Fliss, tied for 13th, 84; Gavin Liegl, 27th, 93; Connor Kiewatt, 32nd, 99; Callahan Lawler, tied for 33rd, 100; and Spencer Sizemore, tied for 35th, 101.
Several Hudson residents competed in the boys’ 16-19 age group at an NOPGA Junior Golf event July 16 at Windmill Lakes:
They are Jackson Choi (tied for 17th, 79); Andrew Yard (tied for 25th, 81); Kyle Susz (tied for 31st, 83); Josh Pethel (tied for 39th, 86); Michael Martin (tied for 54th, 94); and Jonah Karnofel (61st, 105).
Four Hudson residents played in an NOPGA Junior Golf event July 14 at Chippewa Golf Club in Doylestown.
They are Benjamin Basta (tied for 12th, 75, boys’ 16-19); Pethel (tied for 22nd, 79, boys’ 16-19); Ethan Pulido (36th, 98, boys’ 11-15); and Connor Kiewatt (37th, 106, boys’ 11-15).
Pethel finished in a tie for second with a score of 73 in the boys’ 16-19 age group at a NOPGA Junior Golf event July 10 at Fox Den Golf Course in Stow. Grant finished second in the girls’ 16-19 age group with a score of 73.
Other Hudson residents who played are as follows:
• Boys (16-19): Choi and Susz, tied for 16th, 83; Martin, tied for 24th, 90; and Karnofel, 33rd, 110;
• Boys (11-15): Pulido, tied for 19th, 90; Andrew Clark, tied for 23rd, 93; and Kiewatt, tied for 35th, 101; and
• Girls (11-15): Sherry Du, ninth, 85.
The following Hudson residents competed at a NOPGA Junior Golf event July 6 at Pine Hills Golf Club in Hinckley:
• Boys (16-19): Yard, tied for 13th, 79; Pethel, tied for 27th, 82; Choi, tied for 30th, 83; and Susz, 40th, 88;
• Boys (11-15): James Fliss, tied for 10th, 81; Gavin Liegl, tied for 18th, 86; Pulido, 27th, 93; David Berry, 31st, 96; and Kiewatt, 39th, 106; and
• Girls (11-15): Du, ninth, 96.