Leaf pickup program continues in Stow
The city of Stow will begin its popular leaf pickup program for residents again this fall. Leaf pickup for district 3 was Oct. 26-30; district 1 will be Nov. 2-6; and district 2 will be Nov. 9-13. The program will run for six weeks with a second round of pickups to be scheduled (dates are yet to be determined).
Residents are asked to have their leaves placed no more than 5 feet off the edge of pavement in order for the leaf collection tube to reach the piles. Leaves will need to be in piles or rows that can be easily vacuumed with the equipment. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the city may be unable to staff leaf-rakers with each crew, making it imperative that leaves be easily picked up by the vacuum tube.
Leaves must be on the curb by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled week to ensure collection. Crews work weekdays, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. After a street is completed during its scheduled week, crews will not make special trips back to get leaves that are raked out after crews pass by.
More information about the leaf pickup program, including a map of district zones, can be found at https://stowohio.org/leaf-pickup/. Note that this city-run program is different than Kimble’s Bagged Leaf Pick-Up Curbside Collection Program. The city will not pick up any bagged leaves.
Stow Neighborhood Watch
The Stow Police Department is working with the National Neighborhood Watch Action Pack to provide valued information to residents of Stow on how to start a neighborhood watch, register a watch group and learn more about the programs offered.
For more details visit: https://stowohio.org/neighborhood-watch/
Munroe Falls begins leaf pickup program
Munroe Falls leaf pickup program is scheduled to begin the week of Nov. 2 for a six-week rotational period. The schedule allows for two passes for each street during this time.
For the list of zones and scheduled pickup times, go to https://www.munroefalls.com/DocumentCenter/View/2891/LEAF-PICK-UP-2020.
Leaf Pickup Guidelines:
- Place leaves at the curb or the “street-side” of your ditch before 7 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled collection week. Pickup cannot be guaranteed after this time. If you miss a pickup you will have to wait for the next scheduled pickup.
- Rake leaves to the edge of the roadway or back of curb. If there is a ditch put leaves on street side of ditch.
- Avoid placing leaf piles near trees, signs, mailboxes, fire hydrants and streetlights.
- Remove vehicles from the street during collection week. Leaves under and behind parked cars will not be collected.
- Do not include material such as trash, rocks, branches, twigs, brush, yard waste or grass clippings. These items will damage the leaf vacuum machines. Leaves will not be collected if they contain any of the above items
The Munroe Falls Leaf Collection Program is intended only to collect leaves that have been properly bunched and placed at the roadway within the right-of-way for disposal during the six-week period. Do not pile leaves in the street or obstruct traffic.
There is a very small window of opportunity to collect leaves from the time they fall until winter weather begins. Once the leaves are covered by snow or are frozen, the leaf vacuum machines can’t collect them and service crews will attend to snow removal operations.