Macedonia awards contract for Route 8 Crossings access

Ken Lahmers
This drawing shows the location of the access road off Route 8 into the Crossings at Golden Link. City limits of Macedonia are on the right and Northfield Center Township is on the left.

MACEDONIA — City Council has approved three measures related to the “right-in, right-out” access road from Route 8 into the Crossings at Golden Link, including awarding a contract June 25 for the project to C.A. Agresta Construction of Cleveland for $303,544.

The work will include the new access road connecting to Golden Link Boulevard between Culver’s and Chipotle, plus decorative light poles. City Engineer Joe Gigliotti said the project likely will commence later this summer and will take up to two months to complete.

The second ordinance involves the dedication of certain areas of property for the 50-foot wide access drive and notes the property has been platted, recorded and accepted for public use.

The third ordinance provides for the issuance and sale of bond anticipation notes not to exceed $575,000 to pay the property owners’ portion of the project costs in anticipation of the collection of the special assessments.

Law Director Mark Guidetti said the assessments will account for 98% of the project cost, with the city contributing the remaining 2%, or about $12,000. He added the city is about three-quarters through the assessments process.

“We are happy to finally see this project started and will be looking forward to its completion,” said Mayor Nick Molnar. “It’s been a long time coming.”

Contact the newspaper at