Parks and Recreation News -- Week of Nov. 8
Tallmadge Recreation Center Update
New facility hours: Monday-Thursday 5 am-9 pm; Friday 5 am-8 pm; Saturday & Sunday 8 am-6 pm
New childcare hours: Monday-Thursday 9 am-noon and 3-8 pm ;Friday 9 am-noon and 3-7 pm; Saturday 8 am-12 pm S
Members ages 15 and under will be permitted to use the facility to work out. Ages 13 and older may do so without a parent present. Parents must request reinstatement of their child’s membership and must sign both a COVID-19 waiver and an understanding of current facility guidelines prior to your child returning to the facility. Due to current guidelines, group games and loitering are not permitted. Contact the Recreation Center for information.
Current Facility Guidelines (in effect until further notice)
- We will be open to members and guests of members only. Upon scanning, you will be asked if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter.
- Members may bring up to two (2) guests each day. Guests must have a valid photo ID (age 16 and older) and arrive with the member.
- Currently, our maximum capacity for the Recreation Center is set at 750 people.
Masks are required
- Masks are required in all common areas, such as the lobby, hallways, and bathrooms regardless of social distancing.
- Masks are required while playing basketball or pickleball on the basketball courts, on the soccer field and on the track. Runners on the track are not required to wear a mask but are strongly encouraged to do so as a courtesy to walkers and other users.
- Masks may be removed while actively working out in the second-floor fitness area, four corners of fitness or in a group exercise class where 6-foot social distance can be maintained.
Individual Area Guidelines
- Second Floor Fitness Area - The strength, free weight and cardio areas will be open. Users must sanitize the equipment before and after use.
- Soccer Field - The field will be open for individual or small group practice. No pickup games will be permitted. Users must bring their own equipment.
- Basketball Courts - Court 1 will be open for basketball. Play is limited to one person or household per hoop. No pickup games will be permitted. Court 2 will be open for Pickleball Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6 am-noon. Court 3 and 4 will be in use by fitness classes. Pickleball and basketball players must bring their own equipment.
- Childcare - Attendance will be limited to 9 children on a first-come, first-serve basis. School age children must wear masks. The large play structure will remain closed.
- Track - The track will be open for walkers and runners. Users should maintain distance between other groups and are asked to walk/run single file.
- Miscellaneous Information - Group fitness classes continue to be added. Members should bring their own mat. Check with the front desk for an updated schedule. Limited cubbies, quarter lockers and locker room lockers are available for use. All showers are unavailable. Water fountains and bottle filling stations will not be available at this time. Members should bring their own water bottles and water.
These guidelines and protocols have been put in place in accordance with the Responsible RestartOhio guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation in following them. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in cancellation of your membership. If you still do not feel comfortable returning to the Recreation Center at this time, we can continue to hold your membership until the state of emergency related to COVID-19 is lifted. We are continuously evaluating our policies and operations to offer the best services in the safest way possible.
Tallmadge Recreation Center offering group fitness classes & guest passes
The Tallmadge Recreation Center is open limited hours for members and their guests ages 16 and older. We are offering a limited schedule of fitness classes on our basketball courts to provide adequate social distance. The updated fitness schedule is available on our website and Facebook! The Rec Center is also allowing guest admission. Guests must be 16 years of age or older, provide a valid photo ID and must arrive with an active member. Guest passes are $5 for blue level and $7 for gold level.
Camp in a Box
The Parks and Recreation Department is offering three themed ‘Camp in a Box’ activities for kids. Themes include Harry Potter, Outdoors and Superheroes. Each box comes with a list of activities and most supplies needed. Cost is $20/residents and $25/non-residents.