The Aurora girls swimming and diving team finished 12th with 56 points at the Northeast Division I district meet Saturday at Cleveland State University’s Busbey Natatorium.
Hudson easily won the 27-team competition with 486 points. North Canton Hoover was the runner-up with 274 points and Akron Firestone placed third with 256 points.
Freshman Alayna Brooker set two school records for the Greenmen.
Her records took place in the 100-yard breaststroke, which she swam a seventh-place time of 1 minute, 5.86 seconds and the 200 individual medley, which she finished 11th (2:14.07).
She broke the 200 IM record for the fourth time this winter. Her time in the 100 breaststroke also topped her previous clocking.
Brooker qualified for the state meet in the 100 breaststroke. The state competition is scheduled to take place Friday and Saturday at C.T. Branin Natatorium in Canton. The preliminaries are set to begin Friday at 9 a.m.
Other Aurora swimmers who participated were the following:
• 200 medley relay: Molly Russell, Brooker, Maeve Russell and Elizabeth Barto, 12th, personal-best 1:55.27;
• 200 IM: Maeve Russell, 35th, 2:29.16;
• 50 freestyle: Barto, 39th, 26.88;
• 200 freestyle relay: Brooker, Mackenzie Roy, Maeve Russell and Barto, 11th, personal-best 1:44.28;
• 100 backstroke: Gabby Elsas, 35th, 1:08.51; and
• 400 freestyle relay: Annalise Bender, Elsas, Annabelle Zamary and Jane Puzder, 17th, personal-best 3:56.7.