The Aurora boys swimming team finished second with 248 points at the Akron Division II sectional meet Friday at the University of Akron’s Ocasek Natatorium.
Rocky River won the 22-team competition with 278 points and Canfield placed third with 225 points.
Connor Zamary won a sectional title after swimming a first-place time of 55.17 seconds in the 100-yard butterfly. The 200 medley relay team of Jacob Good, Jon Hybil, Connor Zamary and Nate Meyer finished second with a time of 1:42.27. That time broke a school record that was set in 2004.
The following Greenmen relays placed in the top five and the following Aurora individuals placed in the top 10:
• 200 freestyle: Meyer, ninth, 1:56.97;
• 200 individual medley: Good, fifth, 2:09.81; Zamary, sixth, 2:10.34; and Alex Bailey, 10th, 2:14.78;
• 100 butterfly: Alex Bailey, seventh, 58.58;
• 500 freestyle: Max Bailey, sixth, 5:22.58;
• 200 freestyle relay: Zamary, Meyer, Good and Hybil, third, 1:32.47;
• 100 backstroke: Good, third, 57.88;
• 100 breaststroke: Collin Sapochetti, seventh, 1:05.61; and Hybil, eighth, 1:05.72.