The Aurora boys and girls swimming and diving teams competed at the Jim Stacy Winter Championships Saturday at SPIRE Institute in Geneva.
The boys team finished 16th with 91 points. Bexley St. Charles Preparatory easily won the 25-team competition with 824 points and Mount Lebanon, which makes its home in Pittsburgh, was the runner-up (484). Hudson took third with 476 points.
The girls team placed 18th with 94 points. Hudson easily won the 20-team competition with 1,045 points and Mount Lebanon finished a distant second (724). Perrysburg took third with 323 points.
Alayna Brooker placed eighth in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1 minute, 9.12 seconds to lead the Greenmen.
The Aurora boys’ 200-yard medley relay team of Jacob Good, Jon Hybil, Connor Zamary and Nate Meyer finished 10th with a clocking of 1:47.85.
The following other Greenmen advanced to the B finals in their events:
• 200 medley relay: Gabby Elsas, Brooker, Celeste Devincentis and Elizabeth Barto, 16th, 2:05;
• 200 IM: Brooker, 17th, 2:22.79;
• 200 freestyle relay: Annabelle Zamary, Aurora Collura, Molly Russell and Elizabeth Barto, 18th, 1:52.78;
• 400 freestyle relay: Russell, Julia Sapochetti, Annabelle Zamary and Brooker, 14th, 4:11.79;
• 100 butterfly: Connor Zamary, 20th, 58.09;
• 200 freestyle relay: Connor Zamary, Nate Meyer, Vinny Harper and Hybil, 15th, 1:37.38;
• 100 backstroke: Good, 19th, 1:00.35; and
• 400 freestyle relay: Alex Bailey, Collin Sapochetti, Good and Drew Meyer, 16th, 3:46.29.