AURORA — They’ve met each other quite frequently in recent years.

One might hope they’re not sick of each other yet.

That’s because their inevitable late October meeting became a reality once again.

The Aurora boys soccer team will get another crack at a friendly rival.

That would be Revere.

The two Suburban League American Conference squads advanced to district play Saturday.

The second-seeded Greenmen cruised to a 5-1 victory over seventh-seeded Beachwood Saturday. The Kent Division II sectional final took place at Veterans Stadium.

Meanwhile, the third-seeded Minutemen earned a 3-1 win over sixth-seeded Woodridge at Joseph F. Pappano Stadium in Bath Township.

Therefore, Aurora (12-4-1) is scheduled to entertain Revere in a district semifinal game Tuesday at Veterans Stadium. Game time is set for 7 p.m.

By the way, the Greenmen have defeated the Minutemen three times in the last four years. Aurora’s latest victory over Revere was a 3-2 triumph Oct. 1 at Veterans Stadium.

"We’re playing better, better and better," Greenmen head coach Jason Bibza said. "This is when you want to play well."

Against the Bison (8-10), Aurora scored twice in a span of four minutes and then converted a back-breaking penalty kick in the closing seconds to take a 3-0 lead at halftime.

The Greenmen, who got several of their reserves on the field in the second half, didn’t look back the rest of the way.

"I’m not surprised by the result," Bibza said. "Our guys are good enough to play well on any given day. What was really, really encouraging was that we were much better with balls in the box.

"We scored off of a throw-in. We were dangerous on our corners, dangerous on our long throws. That’s what we’ve been working on all season. It’s nice to see them be aggressive and make it count."

Mason Bizjak led Aurora with two goals and one assist and Zach Geier had one goal and one assist. Geier beat Beachwood goalkeeper Jake Meuncz with a hard shot into the corner of the net after getting free on the left side.

"It was a great little one-on-one with Zach," Bibza said. "He showed some maturity. He found the goalkeeper, took a breath and hit a good shot."

Sam Schreck converted a penalty kick with 31 seconds left in the first half to make it 3-0.

"The PK [penalty kick] was the nail in the coffin for them [the Bison]," Bibza said. "Once we went up 3-0, that was a difference-making opportunity."

Ben Wilson scored the Greenmen’s first goal on a header off a long throw-in by Bizjak.

"Mason’s throw was incredible," Bibza said. "It’s nice to capitalize on it. If we can get a goal every game off of free sets, corners, throw-ins, that’s a significant advantage for us."

Bryson Pozniak also had an assist for Aurora. Greenmen goalkeeper Ethan Hoff made five saves. Muencz stopped seven shots.

Aurora, which had a knack for getting past the Bison’s defense, had a 12-6 advantage in shots on goal and a 4-1 edge in corner kicks.

"We’re working on getting in behind and taking advantage of the spaces and the gaps that are available to us," Bibza said. "When we can run at the goal that way, we’re a really dangerous team."

Due to the Greenmen’s success thus far, Bibza is having a blast. And the veteran coach hopes the show doesn’t get cancelled anytime soon.

"This is a team that is fun to go on a run with and I’m excited to see where their talent can take them," Bibza said.

Reporter Frank Aceto can be reached at 330-541-9444, or @FrankAceto_RPC.