CVS has opened a coronavirus testing site at it’s Kent location at 500 S. Water St. and in Twinsburg at 10085 Darrow Road.
They are among 34 new testing sites the pharmacy is opening in Ohio.
The self-swab tests will be available only to those who meet testing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Ohio Department of Health. To get a test, schedule an appointment online at https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing.
Patients who get the testing must stay in their cars and will be provided with a test and instructions. A CVS employee will watch the test to make sure it is done correctly.
Tests will be sent to a third-party for processing and results will be available in about three days.
Charlie Rice-Minoso, communications consultant for CVS, told the Beacon-Journal 654 testing locations will open across the country today. Each testing site on average can test about 50 people a day.
Other testing locations include:
• 7292 Fulton Drive NW, Canton
• 1339 N. Main St., North Canton
• 27713 Lorain Road, North Olmstead • 1943 W. Market St., Akron • 7259 Pearl Road, Middleburg Heights • 1491 SOM Center Road, Mayfield Heights • 13777 Pearl Road, Strongsville
• 30791 Detroit Road, Westlake
• 14440 Cedar Road, University Heights • 1443 Richmond Road, Lyndhurst
• 5812 Ridge Road, Parma
A complete list of testing sites can be found at www.cvshealth.com/covid-19/testing-locations.