TWINSBURG — Liberty Park’s Nature Center is one of the buildings that are closed through at least May 10 by Summit County Metro Parks due to concerns from COVID-19.
In a statement released today from the Summit County Metro Parks, "in response to the most recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and state of Ohio, the closure of indoor facilities and temporary suspension of public programs, volunteer gatherings and other events is now extended through at least Sunday, May 10."
"Additionally, all special use permits for groups larger than 50 are canceled through May 10," according to today’s statement. "At this time, rentable outdoor shelters will continue to be available to groups of 50 or fewer."
As well as the Liberty Park Nature Center, the following also are closed:
* F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Visitors Center, 1828 Smith Road in Akron.
* Summit Lake Nature Center, 390 W. Crosier St. in Akron.
* Administrative Offices Lobby, 975 Treaty Line Road in Akron.
* Volunteer Center, at the Service Center on Sand Run Parkway.
* All indoor rentable lodges.
All parks and trails remain open, and rangers will continue their standard patrols. For general information or to discuss a lodge rental, call 330-867-5511. For more information about building closures and program cancellations, call 330-865-8065.