MACEDONIA — Valley View Road was closed a little south of Highland Road for about an hour Saturday morning because of a chimney fire at a home, said Fire Chief Brian Ripley.

Ripley said there were no injuries, the damage was confined to the chimney and the home is habitable.

Ripley said the call came in at 9:32 a.m. and firefighters were on scene three minutes later. fFirefighters remained on scene for around an hour as a precaution, said Ripley.

"We always hang around to make sure there are no hot spots inside of walls," he said.