Crime reports are a sampling of incidents responded to by local law enforcement agencies. They are not intended to be all-inclusive.
• A 57-year-old Cleveland woman was charged with theft, a first-degree felony. She allegedly took $377 worth of items from Heinen's Grocery Store on North Chillicothe Road on Feb. 22. She was released on a recognizance bond.
• Police conducted a traffic stop on Feb. 23 on North Aurora Road for a car believed to be owned by someone with a warrant for a parole violation. The person driving the car said the owner was in jail. The police cleared the incident and the two people in the car were let go.
• Aurora police stopped a South Euclid driver who was driving under a suspended license and a Cleveland man wanted on a warrant out of Streetsboro. The driver was cited for driving under suspension and the passenger was transported to Streetsboro. The vehicle was towed.
• An area retail manager reported a theft on South Chillicothe Road on Feb. 24 of about 22 pieces of clothing worth about $1,700.
• A Euclid woman reported three Ohio license plates missing from a West Garfield Road business where she is employed on Feb. 20.
• Police stopped a Columbus man and a Tallmadge woman at a local store on South Chillicothe Road on Feb. 22 for a suspected theft, but reported the two didn't have anything concealed and nothing was found to have been taken from the store.
• Police stopped a car for having its high beams illuminated. The Bedford woman inside was found to be wanted on a warrant through Walton Hills and was also driving without a valid license. The vehicle was towed and the woman was cited.
• Police were called to a report of a vehicle speeding, swerving and going on and off the roadway on North Chillicothe Road Feb. 22. Once the car turned into a parking lot, it hit a sign. The driver was found to be impaired and was found to have a BAC of .214, over the 0.16 legal limit. He was charged with speeding, failing to stay in marked lanes and drunken driving and released on bond.
• A Ravenna woman reported her purse, wallet and phone were taken from a locker room at a Shawnee Trail business. The bank card in her wallet was used to make an $80 withdrawal. She was told to cancel her credit and debit cards.