Crime reports are a sampling of incidents responded to by local law enforcement agencies. They are not intended to be all-inclusive.
• James C. Rood, 26, of 624 Stanton Ave., Cadiz, was charged with forgery, a fifth-degree felony, and theft, a fifth-degree felony, after an incident on Sept. 16, 2019. He allegedly filled out and signed stolen personal checks. A hearing was scheduled.
• A Streetsboro woman reported a vehicle she believed to be her ex-husband's, whom she has a protection order against, followed her from South Chillicothe Road into Streetsboro on Feb. 12. Police left a message for the ex-husband.
• Police went to a South Sussex Court home for a report of fraud and identity theft. A resident reported two bank accounts had been opened in her name and that she had contacted the bank and both of those accounts had been closed. She completed a police report.
• Police found an Aurora man walking in the roadway on Feb. 14 on East Garfield Road. The man smelled strongly of alcohol. The man's girlfriend was contacted and she was able to pick him up.
• A woman was taken to University Hospitals on Feb. 16 after she was found in her vehicle in a Barrington Town Square Drive parking lot because her blood-alcohol content was .397, nearly five times the legal limit to drive of 0.08. Reports do not indicate she was driving or that she was cited.
• An Aurora woman was given a warning for having a dog at large on Feb. 17 after her dog ran away through a wooded area near Circlewood Drive.
• Police took a report at a hotel on Shawnee Trail of an unknown man assaulting another man on Feb. 17. A police report was completed.
• Police went to a verbal domestic dispute on Feb. 18 on Aurora Hills Drive. The couple agreed to separate for the night.