TWINSBURG — No injuries were reported in a minor fire at an Enterprise Parkway manufacturing company Wednesday afternoon, said Assistant Fire Chief Steve Bosso.
Bosso said the fire at Premier Shot Co. was reported at about 2 p.m. and was confined to a dust collecting machine, with no structural damage to the building. The cause was an overheating filter in the collector and the damage is estimated at $2,000, said Bosso.
The building was ventilated and the company is able to operate, he added.
"We opened some big doors and used some electric fans," said Bosso.
Mutual aid from other communities was initially called, but quickly canceled.
According the Premier Shot’s website, the company manufactures cut wire shot, which is wire cut to the same length as its diameter and used as a long-lasting abrasive in various industries.
Reporter Jeff Saunders can be reached at 330-541-9431, firstname.lastname@example.org or @JeffSaunders_RP.