CUYAHOGA FALLS — The case of an 18-year-old facing a felony charge in connection with an alleged threat against Cuyahoga Falls High School is scheduled for a hearing Tuesday.

Allen M. Kenna of Cuyahoga Falls is scheduled for a felony status hearing on a third-degree felony charge of making a terroristic threat and a pretrial on a fourth-degree misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. before Judge Kim Hoover in Stow Municipal Court.

Kenna was in Summit County Jail on a $250,000 cash bond as of Monday afternoon. Troy Reeves, Kenna's attorney, said he did not have a comment on the case.

Cuyahoga Falls Police Lt. Gary Merton said the investigation of the case is continuing and the department is still gathering information.

"Whether or not it will result in additional charges, I couldn't say at this time," said Merton.

One person who lives in Kenna’s neighborhood, Micki Thomas, said it was "a shock" to hear about the case.

"You don't like to think that somebody in the neighborhood is doing those kind of things," said Thomas, who noted she does not know Kenna or his family. "I'm just happy that somebody took the time to report what they saw so that another tragedy didn't happen."

Kenna, who lives on Monroe Avenue just east of Lions Park, is one of 11 siblings.

Police responded to Cuyahoga Falls High School after hours on Jan. 6 after a school custodian reported seeing Kenna walking around the building.

In an all-call to district parents Jan. 8, Cuyahoga Falls City School District Superintendent Dr. Todd Nichols said his staff "immediately" called police following the incident on Jan. 6.

"[On Jan. 6], a suspicious individual was identified in the halls of CFHS who appeared to be taking pictures using a cell phone," said Nichols. "When addressed by CFHS staff, the individual fled the premises."

The district’s surveillance equipment was used to capture photos of the man and it was determined he was not a student at the school, Nichols said in the call.

Nichols said Kenna was home-schooled and never attended Cuyahoga Falls High School, but was known by some of the people at the school "as a member of the community."

The photos and identification was shared with police Jan. 8, said Nichols. He said the school did not receive any threats directly, but alleged threats Kenna made on social media were found during the subsequent police investigation.

A Cuyahoga Falls Police Department press release issued Jan. 9 said Kenna allegedly "made threats to commit a shooting at the school."

A complaint police filed with the court alleges the threats were made to "others" prior to the trespassing incident. Following the execution of a search warrant at Kenna’s home, he was arrested and taken to Summit County Jail on Jan. 9.

Merton said his officers found weapons in Kenna’s home, but declined to say what types of weapons they were.

"Whatever weapons we found that we felt were relevant [to the case], we took from the home," said Merton.

Anyone with information in connection with the case is encouraged to call the police department’s detective bureau at 330-971-8334.

Reporter Phil Keren can be reached at 330-541-9421,, or on Twitter at @keren_phil.