TALLMADGE — A man suffered burns following a trailer fire in South Thomas Road’s 100 block early Wednesday morning, said Fire Chief Michael Passarelli.
Passarelli said Mogadore EMS took the man to a hospital. Mogadore Fire Chief John Cain said the man had burns to his face, but was conscious and talking. Additional information was not available.
Passarelli said firefighters responded to Gaslight Village Manufactured Home Community after a call came in at 3:17 a.m. and they quickly put the fire out with less than 750 gallons of water from a tanker truck. The trailer was badly damaged, however, he said.
"It burned the front of the trailer. The trailer was a total loss," said Passarelli.
He said the fire originated in the area of the stove and is believed to have been a cooking fire.
Reporter Jeff Saunders can be reached at 330-541-9431, firstname.lastname@example.org or @JeffSaunders_RP.