• A 27-year-old Cuyahoga Falls man was charged Sept. 13 with burglary, a fourth-degree felony, following an incident on Sept. 11. He was charged the previous day with misdemeanor counts of aggravated menacing, criminal damaging and domestic violence. According to the complaints, he allegedly kicked in the door of his apartment after being locked out and threatened to kill a female family member while pointing a knife at her throat. A protection order was issued and bond was set at 10% of $25,000.
• A 28-year-old Akron man was charged Sept. 13 with possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony, after being stopped on State Road for having a license plate light out around 8:45 p.m. on Sept. 12. The complaint said he was in possession of methamphetamine. He was released on a $5,000 recognizance bond.
• A 35-year-old Akron man was charged Sept. 13 with theft, a fifth-degree felony, after allegedly stealing $1,640 worth of merchandise from Menards on Graham Road June 20 by hiding the goods in a garbage can and taking it out of the store. He was released on a $5,000 recognizance bond.
• A 46-year-old Cuyahoga Falls man was charged Sept. 13 with possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony, and a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge. According to the complaint, he was found with methamphetamine on Highbridge Road on Sept. 10.
• A 37-year-old Hudson man was charged Sept. 17 with two counts of domestic violence, both third-degree felonies, and misdemeanor obstructing official business, following an incident Sept. 16. According to court records, he allegedly strangled an individual during a heated argument and on the other count, struck a household member in the face with his fist. Police reported he had a previous history of domestic violence. In September 2017 he had been found guilty of aggravated possession of drugs, a third-degree felony, in Summit County and was sentenced to two years community control. Bond was set at 10% of $150,000.
• A 65-year-old resident was charged Sept. 13 with a peace disturbance offense. According to the complaint, she was cited the day prior for having dogs that "bark continuously over long periods of time."
• A 39-year-old Brooklyn man was charged Sept. 16 with tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony, possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony, and misdemeanor OVI/BAC and open container violations. According to police, he attempted to dump cocaine concealed in a folded dollar bill onto the floor at the Macedonia Police Station following his arrest. Police said he had two dollar bills, each with about 1.1 grams of cocaine, in his possession. He was found in his truck with two open cans of beer in the parking lot of a closed East Highland Road restaurant around 11 p.m. Sept. 13. Bond was set at 10% of $15,000 and he was ordered not to leave the state.
• A 39-year-old Akron woman was charged Sept. 16 with improper handling of firearms in a motor vehicle, a fifth-degree felony, and OVI/BAC after being pulled over on Route 8 around 2:30 a.m. on Sept. 15. Police said she had a loaded .380 cal. Handgun in the center console of her vehicle. She was released on a $5,000 recognizance bond.
• A 24-year-old Kent woman was charged Sept. 17 with theft, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• A 19-year-old Akron man was charged Sept. 16 with theft, a first-degree misdemeanor. According to the complaint, he allegedly stole about $38 worth of candy from the Walmart on Hudson Drive.
• A 24-year-old Stow man was arrested on a charge of aggravated menacing, a fifth-degree felony, and a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. According to court records, neighbors complained the man on Aug. 22 set a large fire in his Sanford Avenue back yard and in a standoff with police, he refused to cooperate, yelled profanities and threatened police with an axe. Bond was set at 10% of $25,000.
• A 38-year-old Stow man was charged Sept. 16 with two counts of assault, both fourth-degree felonies, and misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct following an incident around 9:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13. According to police, he assaulted two officers who responded to a complaint he was "creating a disturbance in the neighborhood."
Police said the man was reported to have been in the street in a robe yelling, then attacked two police officers who responded. One of the officers suffered a severe laceration and was hospitalized. He received three stitches and was released that night, police said.
Bond was set at 10% of $25,000. A felony status hearing is set for Sept. 24 before Judge Kim Hoover.
• A 29-year-old Akron man was charged Sept. 16 with aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony. According to the complaint, he was found to be in possession of carfentanyl, at the Giant Eagle on West Avenue. A warrant was issued.
• A 32-year-old Twinsburg man was charged Sept. 16 with assault and domestic violence, both first-degree misdemeanors, following an incident the previous day. According to the complaint, he allegedly pulled a woman from her bed and threw her against a wall. Bond was set at 10% of $5,000.