Even though the filing deadline for the fall election is more than a month away, many hopefuls have pulled petitions and several of them have filed paperwork for the upcoming Stow and Munroe Falls mayoral, city council and board of education races.
According to the Summit County Board of Elections, here is a list of the hopefuls who have pulled petitions for the various Stow and Munroe Falls city offices. The list also indicates which hopefuls have now filed their petitions:
• Stow Mayor: John Pribonic
• Stow Finance Director: James Costello (filed)
• Stow Director of Law: David Drew, Jamie Syx (filed), Danny Wersenburger
• Stow City Council At-Large: Mario Fiocca; Cyle Feldman; Jeremy C. McIntire; Christina Shaw; Kelly Toppin; Traci Person; Janet Denise Tonelli and Brad Ruth
• Stow City Council Ward 1: David Licate, Denny D. Alteri (filed)
• Stow City Council Ward 2: Thompson McKinney, Sindi Harrison (filed), James Andrassy
• Stow City Council Ward 3: Stephen Hailer (filed)
• Stow City Council Ward 4: Bob Adaska, Tiffany Leach
• Munroe Falls Mayor: Mike Barnes, James W. Armstrong
• Munroe Falls City Council At-Large: John Impellizzeri (filed), John Hegnauer
• Munroe Falls City Council Ward 2: None
• Stow-Munroe Falls Board of Education: Lisa Johnson-Bowers, Nancy Brown
For both the Stow and Munroe Falls mayoral and city council races, hopefuls must obtain between 50 and 150 signatures of registered voters in the city (for mayor and At-Large races) or in their ward (for the ward races). For the Board of Education races, hopefuls must secure between 75 and 225 signatures of registered voters in the school district.
The deadline to file for all of these offices is Aug. 7 at 4 p.m.
Reporter Phil Keren can be reached at 330-541-9421, email@example.com, or on Twitter at @keren_phil.