HUDSON — There are 19 applicants for the city’s police chief vacancy.
Jody Roberts, the city’s communications manager, said the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police will narrow down the field and submit those names to the city.
"We will begin the interview process with that narrowed field," said Roberts. "We anticipate making a selection most likely in September."
Chief David Robbins retired on April 8 after serving as the leader of the Hudson Police Department since 2003. Since Robbins’ retirement, Hudson Police Lt. Kevin May has served as interim chief of the department. May is one of the 19 applicants for the permanent position.
The candidates are:
• Gabriel A. Barone Jr., Chief, Bentleyville (Ohio) Police Department;
• Ivica "John" Brnjic, Sergeant, Newark Division of Police Detective Bureau;
• David A. Frisone, Executive Director, Lake County Narcotics Agency;
• Dale E. Gooding Jr., Assistant Chief, University of Akron Police Department;
• Joseph D. Grecol, Chief, Berea Police Department;
• Brian Harding, Captain, Technical Services Director of the Akron Safety Communications Center;
• Bryan A. Jarrell, Chief, Prescott Valley (Arizona) Police Department;
• Bryan M. Kaminski, Administrative Sergeant, Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department;
• Ronald Kenefick, Sergeant, Bexley Police Department;
• Christopher J. Little, Captain, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department;
• Kevin M. May, Interim Chief, Hudson Police Department;
• Sean S. McAleese, Administrative Lieutenant, Hudson Police Department;
• Kimberly A. Nuesse, Chief, Village of Minerva Park (Ohio) Police Department;
• Eugene R. Rice, Chief, Village of Spencer (Ohio) Police Department;
• Christopher Roch, Patrol Sergeant, Hudson Police Department;
• Jeffrey K. Scott, Chief, Notre Dame College Police Department (South Euclid);
• Perry A. Tabak, Captain, Cuyahoga Falls Police Department;
• Thomas P. Verri, Police Officer, Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police Department; and
• Robert K. Ware II, Chief, Portsmouth (Ohio) Police Department
Reporter Phil Keren can be reached at 330-541-9421, firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter at @keren_phil.