Activities at the Tallmadge Branch Library
Summer reading program
"Get a Clue at Your Library" -- How the program works:
1. Check out a book from the library and read it.
2. Fill out a card at the library to join the fun.
3. For each book read between June 11 and Aug. 3, fill out an entry slip for a weekly prize drawing.
4. Don't forget -- the library offers programs for all ages to keep families busy all summer.
For all ages, Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. No need to sign up. Attend to either session.
* June 28 -- Animals with Jungle Terry
* July 5 -- Mystery Craft program
* July 12 -- Mad Science
* July 19 -- Great Fun with the Bubble Lady
* July 26 -- Music with the Malyuk Sisters
Tuesdays at 2 p.m. for grades five through 12. Advance sign up requested.
* June 26 -- Beyond the Veil. Teens are invited to test their powers of ESP and palm reading talents and discover what their astrological sign says about them and design their room with the art of Feng Shui.
* July 10 -- CSI Mad Science
* July 17 -- Rock and Roll Over Dead Mystery program
* July 24 -- Decoupage Treasure Boxes
July 11, 2 p.m. Learn about general preparedness for disasters, fires, floods and power outages.
* Sept. 25, 6:30 p.m. The Frank E. Lawrence History of Tallmadge collections. Those interested in local or family history but without a clue how to begin will learn about research tools, including online access and digitized photos.
* Oct. 10, 6:30 p.m. Climb Your Family Tree: Beginning Genealogy in Print and Online. Learn about the basics of genealogical research. Presented by the Special Collections Department at the Main Library.
* Oct. 24 and Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m. Colonial Cross-Stitch Sampler, for grades five through 12. Advance registration requested. Those attending the two-part program will learn basic stitches and make their own personalized sampler.
For more information, call the library at 330-633-4345.