Sunday School -- Sunday School for all ages takes place at 9:45 a.m., with worship at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Adult Bible study, youth group and TeamKid, for young children, takes place Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Crestview Baptist Church is located at 3943 Fishcreek Road in Stow. For more information, call 330-673-0405.
Church of Stow
Music opportunities -- The church offers handbell ensembles from beginner through advanced (sixth-graders through adults of any age); singing with hands by using American Sign Language, no experience necessary (third-graders to adults); choirs for kindergartners to second-graders, third- to sixth-graders, seventh- to 12th-graders and adult; and worship band and orchestra.
Musicals will be presented this month and in April.
* First Christian Church of Stow's Sunday services include worship in the chapel at 8:30 a.m., Christian Education classes for all ages from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. and worship in the sanctuary at 10:45 a.m.
Nursery care is provided during all services.
Kindergartners through fifth-graders begin worship in the sanctuary and then attend their own "Junior Church" after the Children's Sermon time.
Communion is shared each week during both worship services.
* The church will host multiple projects with its Feed Our Neighbors food drive. Call the church for more information or to contribute.
First Christian Church of Stow is located at 3493 Darrow Road.
For more information, call 330-688-4450 or go to www.FirstChristianStow.org.
Fishcreek Nazarene Worship Center
Bible study -- The Fishcreek School offers Bible study for all ages each Sunday from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
* A college and career class is offered for young adults.
The church offers Naz Kidz for children up to the sixth grade. "Operation Reboot" is a program for middle school and high school students.
There also are three adult classes from which to choose.
Fishcreek Nazarene Worship Center is located at 4669 Fishcreek Road in Stow. For more information, call the church office at 330-673-8538.
Mission Baptist Temple
Bible study -- Mission Baptist Temple hosts a Bible study on the Book of Acts Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Mission Baptist Temple is located at 4163 Kent Road in Stow, across from the Kent State Airport. For additional information, call the church at 330-688-0901.
Stow Alliance Fellowship
Sportsman's Night -- Stow Alliance Fellowship will host its fourth annual Sportsman's Night Feb. 24 at 5 p.m.
This event is for those interested in the outdoor challenges of hunting and fishing. Doors will open at 4:45 p.m. for the 5 p.m. complimentary wild game buffet, which will be followed by door prizes and featured guest speaker R.G. Bernier of Standish, Maine.
Bernier is an author, photographer and noted while-tailed deer consultant. Prior to and during the deer hunting season, he provides a hunting school for those interested in honing their outdoor skills.
Tickets are required and can be obtained by calling the church office at 330-688-7433.
Stow Alliance Fellowship is located at 4460 Stow Road.
United Church of Christ
Worship times -- Sunday worship starts at 10:45 a.m. Nursery care is available for children 4 and under.
Adult Sunday School classes meet Sunday before worship, from 9:30 to 10:30.
Children's Sunday School takes place after the children's sermon.
* The Berean Bible class is studying the Book of Proverbs, and meets in the parlor. The Friendship Group is studying James Moore's book, "If God Has a Refrigerator, Your Picture Is on It," and meets on the lower level.
* The church will host a spaghetti dinner Feb. 16 from 4 to 7 p.m. The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children 12 and under. Chef salad and carry-out are available.
Stow Community United Church of Christ is located at 1567 Pilgrim Drive in Stow, one block from Graham Road behind the Briarwood Nursing Home. The church can be reached at 330-688-8927 or online at www.stowcommchurch.org.
Sermon series -- The church will host a sermon series, "Heavenly Info," which answers questions about life after death, Feb 4, 11 and 18.
Stow Presbyterian Church, located at 4150 Fishcreek Road, can be reached at 330-688-6935. For additional information, go online to www.stowpres.net.
United Methodist Church in Stow
Service times -- The United Methodist Church in Stow has Sunday services at 8:30 a.m. (contemporary) and 10:45 a.m. (traditional). Sunday School for all ages is at 9:30 a.m. All are welcome to attend.
* The United Methodist Church's preschool open house will take place Feb. 6 at 7 p.m.
Registration for the preschool is scheduled for Feb. 16 at 9 a.m. Go to www.stowumc.org for more information.
The United Methodist Church in Stow is located at 4880 Fishcreek Road. For additional information, call the church office at 330-673-7752.
Victory Life Church
Sunday morning classes -- Victory Life Church's Sunday morning classes begin at 9:15 a.m., with worship and a message from God's Word following at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday evening classes begin at 7 p.m. for adults and youth, with classes and activities for children.
Nursery care is available both days.
* Wednesday night fellowship continues at 7 p.m. for the youth group "Delirious," which meets in the South Sanctuary for worship, fellowship and a relevant message.
On Thursdays at 8 p.m., the FM Young Adult Ministry meets in the South Sanctuary for worship and a talk from God's Word.
Victory Life Church, located at 3833 Hudson Drive in Stow, invites the community to study God's Word and for times of fellowship. For additional information, call the church from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 330-929-6555 or go to www.vlchurch.com.
Kids Klub -- On Sunday evenings from 6 to 7:30 p.m., the new Kids Klub, J.F.C. (Just for Christ), for kindergarten through eighth-graders, gathers for fun, learning and friendship. The high school age group meets every other Sunday after worship to plan fun things to do together.
* Sunday School for all ages takes place at 9:30 a.m., followed by worship at 10:45. Children ages 3 through the second grade are dismissed before the sermon to attend a special age-appropriate class. Nursery care is provided during these times.
Bailey Road Christian Church is located at 3200 W. Bailey Road in Cuyahoga Falls. For more information, call the church office at 330-929-2527.
Christ Church Episcopal
Service times -- Christ Church Episcopal services take place Sundays at 8 a.m. in the chapel and at 10:30 a.m. in the church. Nursery service is available for children through age 4 from 9 a.m. to noon.
An evening Eucharist takes place at 5:15 every Sunday in the chapel.
Church staff members read the office of morning prayer Monday through Friday in the chapel at 9 a.m. Holy Eucharist is celebrated every Wednesday evening at 6:30 in the Chapel. The first Wednesday of each month, the church offers a healing service in conjunction with Holy Eucharist.
* Christ Church is home for a number of affiliated ministries, including: Hudson Job Search; Alcoholics Anonymous, which meets Tuesdays and Fridays at 8 p.m.; Al-Anon which meets every Friday at 10 a.m.; and The Hudson Community Chorus, which rehearses Tuesday evenings at 7:15 p.m. Christ Church also sponsors Boy Scout Troop 333 Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in Parish Hall.
Christ Church Episcopal is located at 21 Aurora St. in Hudson. For more information, call 330-650-4359.
in Silver Lake
Free lunch -- A free lunch to the community is served the first Saturday of every month beginning at 11:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
The Church in Silver Lake, Congregational is a United Church of Christ denomination and is located at 2951 Kent Road in Silver Lake. For more information, call 330-928-2991.
Taize service -- The First United Methodist Church in Cuyahoga Falls features a Taize service on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the chapel.
The service includes prayer, contemplation and music. Everyone is welcome to attend.
* A study for women exploring the life of the apostle John by author Beth Moore is called "Beloved Disciple." There will be a class on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. and a class meeting Wednesdays at 10 a.m. until the end of March.
* Mark D. Hoy, an investigator with the Ohio Department of Public Safety -- Bureau of Motor Vehicles, will present a program / course called "Identity Theft" to the Going Strong Group of seniors and retirees.
This presentation will be focused on the prevention, research and reaction in regards to identity theft. The course is designed to educate those in attendance. The Going Strong meeting is scheduled for Feb. 8 at 1 p.m. in Wesley Hall of the First United Methodist Church. For more information, call Robbie Robinson at 330-688-5982.
First United Methodist Church in Cuyahoga Falls is located at 245 N. Portage Trail. For more information, call Brian Paulis at 330-923-5241 ext. 21.
Peninsula United Methodist Church
Pierogie and Fish Fry -- Peninsula United Methodist Church, located at 1575 Main St. in Peninsula, will host Pierogie and Fish Fry Fridays from Feb. 23 through March 30. Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and dinner will be served from 5 to 7 p.m.
Guests may eat at the church or take food home. Orders can be made by calling 330-657-2567.
Retreat for women -- Rejoice! Lutheran Church is scheduled to host a retreat for women Feb. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hines Hill Lodge in the Cuyahoga National Park, 1403 W. Hines Hill Road in Peninsula. The theme will be "Where God's Love is Like Chocolate: Comforting and Extravagant."
The cost is $20 and includes lunch and chocolate. To register, call the church office at 888-422-1374.
Visit www.rejoicelc.org for more information.
Rock Bottom Vineyard
Weekly worship -- Rock Bottom Vineyard meets for worship every Sunday at 5 p.m. at 4818 State Road, Suite F in Cuyahoga Falls. For more information, call 330-929-4615.
Free lunch -- The United Presbyterian Church has a free soup lunch open to the public on the second Saturday of each month in its Fellowship Hall.
Enter the church through the center door off the rear parking lot and take the elevator to level 4.
* Wednesday Night A.L.I.V.E. (Abundant Living In Varied Experiences) is a 10-week program for the entire family. Programming for children and youth include Bible activities and music. Adult options include a Bible study based on the "I Love Lucy" television show, an Introduction to the Old Testament, a Christian life seminar called "Effectiveness: Living Beyond Success and Failure," a course on how to use spiritual gifts entitled "Leadership from the Heart" and a card-making ministry.
The program takes place every Wednesday from 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. through March 14. The program includes a light supper, and child care is available. Registration forms are available online at www.cfupc.org.
United Presbyterian Church is located at 2819 Hudson Drive in Cuyahoga Falls. Call the church at 330-923-9735 for further information. United Presbyterian Church is handicap accessible.