Community Bus Trips departing soon
The Community Bus Trip program is a family-oriented Parks and Recreation program that allows residents and guests to enjoy tours all year round.
All costs are paid when registering; all admissions are paid on the day of the trip.
All trips will depart from Stow City Hall at the scheduled time.
Return times are approximate.
Community Bus Trips are for residents of all ages.
* A trip is scheduled for June 23 to the Wilds, a wildlife conservation center, in Cumberland.
The cost for admission is $17 for adults, $16 for senior citizens and $12 for children ages 4 to 12.
The trip will include a buffet luncheon, with a cost of $9.50, at the Overlook Cafe.
The cost for transportation is $14 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under. The bus will leave at 7 a.m. and return at 7 p.m.
* A trip is planned for July 21 to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Discount tickets are available by calling the Stow Parks and Recreation office at 330-689-5100.
The trip will include a stop for breakfast.
The cost for transportation is $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. The bus will leave at 7:30 a.m. and return at 9:30 p.m.
* A trip is scheduled for Aug. 25 to Put-in-Bay via Miller's Ferry. There are a variety of shops, points of interest and restaurants on the island. There also are golf cart and bike rentals available.
The cost for transportation is $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. The cost of the ferry is not included.
The bus will leave at 7 a.m. and return at 9 p.m.
* A trip is planned for Sept. 15 to Lake Farm Park in Kirkland for the Village Peddler Festival. Lake Farm Park is a family-oriented science and cultural center devoted to agriculture, farming and country life.
There will be more than 150 craftsmen, along with music and food at the festival. There also is a bulk foods country store.
Admission to the festival is $6 for adults, $5 for senior citizens, $4 for children ages 2 through 11 and free for children under 2. The cost for transportation is $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under.
The bus will leave at 9 a.m. and return at 5:30 p.m.
* A covered bridge tour through Ashtabula County is scheduled for Oct. 20. There will be a guided tour of 12 covered bridges, and a stop at an apple orchard for apples, pumpkins and a snack of cider and a muffin.
The trip will include a meal in an authentic Amish home in Windsor with a menu traditionally prepared for an Amish wedding feast. The family will have homemade candle and canning vegetables for sale.
The total cost for the tour, snack, dinner and transportation is $40 for adults and $30 for children 12 and under.
The bus will leave at 7 a.m. and return at 6 p.m.
Sign up at the Stow Parks and Recreation Department office, 5070 Stow Road. For information, call Karen Johnson at 330-688-7994.