The Aurora girls track and field team finished third with 109 points in the seven-team American Conference at the Suburban League Championships Thursday at Nordonia High School’s Boliantz Stadium in Macedonia.
Highland won the title with 179 points and Copley took second with 125 points.
Leah Angelo won the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 1 inch. Corinne Henderson also won a title for the Lady Greenmen. She captured first in the pole vault with a vault of 10-6.
Aurora’s other conference championship came from Brianna Rawlings, who had a leap of 18-2 in the long jump.
Others who placed in the top eight for the Lady Greenmen are as follows.
* 100 meters: Jane Puzder, seventh, 13.44 seconds
* 200: Rawlings, sixth, 27.12; and Julia Brezovec, seventh, 27.14
* 400: Morgan Riedel, fifth, 1:02.41; and Sylar Joslyn, eighth, 1:06.11
* 800: Marissa Sesny, third, 2:23.07; and Madeline Schmitt, fifth, 2:32.98
* 1,600: Katy Fellenstein, fourth, 5:34.24; and Liz Keller, fifth, 5:48.45
* 3,200: Ila Kerchenski, fourth, 12:30.5; and Karsen Zabell, fifth, 12:31.74
* 100 hurdles: Victoria Blechschmid, eighth, 18.07
* 400 relay: Taylor Burick, Puzder, Brezovec and Olivia Ryncarz, fifth, 52.85
* 800 relay: Brezovec, Puzder, Riedel and Rawlings, third, 1:49.03
* 1,600 relay: Sesny, Ryncarz, Joslyn and Riedel, second, 4:15.53
* 3,200 relay: Sesny, Fellenstein, Schmitt an Zabell, second, 9:59.05
* High jump: Rawlings, fifth, 4-8
* Long jump: Kate Walton, seventh, 15-4.5
* Shot put: Chayanne Conley, third 33-8