The Hudson girls track and field team placed third in the eight-team National Conference with 112 points at the Suburban League Championships, which concluded Thursday at Nordonia High School’s Boliantz Stadium in Macedonia.
Nordonia won the competition with 143 points and Twinsburg took second with 127 points.
Emily Akin won the 400-meter race with a time of 2:12.96, which is a meet record. The previous record was set by Highland’s Natalie Zidd (2:15.34) in 2009.
Akin also was part of another meet record. She joined Cameron Bujaucius, Kalli Barrett and Brenna Beucler on the winning 3,200 relay team. They posted a record-time of 9:19.96.
Tori Shriver won the 100 hurdles with a time of 15.49 seconds and Molly Stecker won the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches.
Also capturing a title was Taylor Miller, who had a winning jump of 17-2.25 in the long jump.
Others who placed in the top eight for Hudson were the following:
* 800: Kalli Barrett, fifth, 2:19.25
* 1,600: Brenna Beucler, second, 5:13.99
* 3,200: Cameron Bujaucius, second, 11:31.4; and Emmaline Hannan, third, 11:33.63
* 100 hurdles: Sydney Gallagher, sixth, 17.03
* 300 hurdles: Shriver, third, 46.94; and Gallagher, fourth, 47.79
* 400 relay: Ang Giaimo, Lauren Heidler, Abby Petty and Jenna Reitenbach, fourth, 50.84
* 800 relay: Reitenbach, Giaimo, Heidler and Brynn Strawbridge, fifth, 1:48.78
* 1,600 relay: Gallagher, Strawbridge, Barrett and Akin, third, 4:05.76
* High jump: Brynn Meyer, fourth, 4-10
* Pole vault: Jill Bevan, eighth, 8-6
* Discus: Amanda Bellish, eighth, 107-2