The Aurora boys track and field team finished fourth with 78 points in the seven-team American Conference at the Suburban League Championships Thursday at Nordonia High School’s Boliantz Stadium in Macedonia.
Highland won the title with 156 points and Copley (129.5) and Theodore Roosevelt (99) placed second and third, respectively.
Robbie Taylor captured the conference title in the 3,200-meter race with a time of 10:04.2 He also took second in the 1,600 in 4:25.9
Other Aurora athletes who finished in the top eight are as follows.
* 100: Jared DeMicco, seventh, 11.86
* 400: Robby Lamport, sixth, 51.92
* 800: Jacob French, fifth, 2:06.1; and Michael Kaplan, sixth, 2:06.98
* 300 hurdles: Jimmy Kish, second, 41.71
* 400 relay: Will Owens, Javonte Douglas, Jordan DeMicco and Jacob Mancini, third, 46.79
* 1,600 relay: French, Graham Aldredge, Kaplan and Lamport, second, 3:34.99
* 3,200 relay: French, Lamport, Kaplan and Taylor, third, 8:16.09
* High jump: Owens, third, 5-9; and Justin Byrd, seventh, 5-6
* Pole vault: Drew Albrecht, fifth, 10-6
* Shot put: Blake Lightfoot, sixth, 47-9; and Montana Nietert, seventh, 47-3.5
* Discus: Dino DeRoia, sixth, 126 feet