For the second consecutive game, the Hudson boys soccer team lost its starting goalkeeper because of an injury.

Twinsburg, on the other hand, barely had enough players on the field to compete against the Explorers in the second half.

The host Explorers remained undefeated in the Suburban League National Conference after posting a 1-0 victory over Twinsburg Sept. 27 at Hudson Memorial Stadium.

With the win, Hudson improved to 9-1-1 overall and 5-0 in the conference. The Explorers are alone on top of the National Conference standings. Wadsworth earned a 2-2 draw with Brecksville-Broadview Heights Sept. 27. The Grizzlies and the Bees are now 4-0-1.

Both Hudson and the Tigers had to deal with some adversity.

Explorers' starting junior goalkeeper Connor Gynn injured his neck late in the first half and did not return.

Gynn suffered an injury for the second time in three days.

He also left the game early in the first half with a shin injury during Hudson's 1-0 win over Western Reserve Academy Sept. 24.

Twinsburg senior forward Elijah Savitt also left the game with a leg injury in the second half. On top of that, the Tigers had two players forced to leave the field due to fouls.

One player got two yellow cards and another player received a red card.

While the Explorers, thanks to their skill and playmaking, were on the attack most of the game, Twinsburg (6-4, 1-3) managed to keep things scoreless for much of the evening due to its physical play and resilience on defense.

Hudson had a golden opportunity to get on the board less than nine minutes into the game.

After a foul was called in the box, the Explorers were awarded a penalty kick. Senior midfielder Alex Vuksta got the call, but his low line drive to the left side of the goal was saved by Tigers' senior goalie Carter Yee.

The Explorers finally got what turned out to be the game-winning goal with 15:59 remaining in the game.

Senior midfielder Sam Durkin got free on the right side of the field. After taking a few dribbles, he crossed the ball toward the left side of the goal.

Vuksta made up for his earlier miss by tapping Durkin's pass into the net.

Not long after the goal, Twinsburg had its second player ejected from the game. As a result, Hudson played the final 15-plus minutes with a two-man advantage.

Nonetheless, the Tigers still managed to make things interesting.

They had two opportunities on long free kicks in the final seven minutes of the game.

But the Explorers' defense denied Twinsburg on both chances.

Hudson had an 11-3 advantage in shots on goal and a 3-1 edge in corner kicks.

Explorers' junior goalkeeper Andrew Northrup finished with two saves after replacing Gynn in the nets. Gynn had one save and Yee stopped 10 shots for the Tigers.