School districts from Summit County have decided to call a snow day as a precaution, due to afternoon and evening forecasts calling for ice and heavy snow.
Schools closed include:
• Cuyahoga Falls City Schools. All afternoon and evening activities for this afternoon and evening tonight, as well as Saturday morning athletic trips are canceled. The Love Our Community Luncheon at Bolich Middle School has been postponed to Jan. 19 at 1 p.m.
• Hudson City Schools. All evening events and activities also are canceled.
• Nordonia Hills City Schools.
• Stow-Munroe Falls City Schools.
• Tallmadge City Schools. All evening classes also have been cancelled.
• Twinsburg City Schools. All afternoon and evening practices and events also are cancelled today.
• Woodridge Local Schools. After school and evening programs also are canceled today. The district encourages parents to check the school website at http://woodridge.k12.oh.us/ for details on Saturday activities.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning starting at noon today through 10 a.m. tomorrow. Freezing rain is expected to start between 1 and 2 p.m., then freezing rain and sleet after 2. Ice accumulation of less than .1 inches is possible, and total daytime sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches is possible. Later this evening, temperatures could drop to a low of 14 degrees, with snow accumulations ranging from 4 to 8 inches possible, with much of it anticipated this evening.