TWINSBURG — Less than 200 Summit County FirstEnergy customers remained without power three days after thousands of customers lost power due to severe storms that rumbled through the area knocking down power lines and splintering utility poles and trees on Sunday.

FirstEnergy expects the remaining customers to have power restored by 6 p.m. Wednesday according to Mark Durbin, First Energy spokesperson.

As of Wednesday morning Macedonia had 85 customers who remained without power; Twinsburg Township had about 10; Sagamore Hills had 19 and Twinsburg 40, according to Durbin. In Portage County, Aurora had five customers who remained without power.

"We have just a handful of customers who need restored," Durbin said. "The majority of all those customers came back on before 11:30 last night when we were balk to re-energize that transformer line and then get some power up. We brought back a pretty good chunk, so we are in pretty good shaper there — it's just a matter of getting all the work done."

Twinsburg has also cleared most of the roads which were closed due to the storm. However some remain closed, including Liberty Road between Post Road and Glenwood Drive. Cannon Road will remain closed between Liberty Road and Depot while the Twinsburg Service Department clears away and chips up branches and debris.

Durbin said crews were brought in from all over Ohio to help with damage that not only taxed the patience of residents and workers but also the first responders who worked to keep their residents safe.

A day and a half after the storm knocked down a 30,000 volt power line on Liberty Road in Twinsburg, FirstEnergy on Tuesday afternoon listed more than 5,600 Twinsburg customers (about 60 percent of all customers) without power, along with about 1,600 Reminderville customers, or the entirety of the village.

Assistant Twinsburg Police Chief Robert Gonsiewski confirmed Wednesday morning that most of the power has been restored to Twinsburg residents.

"There may be some sporadic outages but the majority of the city now has power," Gonsiewski said.

Gonsiewski said members of his department "responded to this event as we have come to expect them to respond in times of need" the night of the storm.

"They responded quickly and as efficiently as the conditions allowed. It was all hands on deck for us. A page went out for everyone to respond and within an hour we had over 35 officers and dispatchers here taking and responding to calls," he said. "It was especially hectic in dispatch since all the calls came in at once and they weren’t just from Twinsburg. Macedonia’s emergency calls were being diverted to Twinsburg for a while immediately after the storm came through because they were having trouble with their phones. While dispatch was sorting out the calls, officers were out finding the downed lines, trees and poles on their own."

The assistant chief expressed pride in his department and said he was proud to be part of their team.

He also expressed pride in the residents of Twinsburg which was one of the worst hit areas during the recent storm.

"I would like to say thank you to everyone for their patience during the last few days," he said. "I would like to thank the CERT Team for responding and donating their time to help direct traffic on the closed roads. I would like to thank everyone in the community who checked on their neighbors and opened their doors to them when they didn’t have power or heat."

He also wanted to thank the businesses and residents who dropped off food for the police department in the days following the storm.

"Of course the service department and fire department were amazing in their response and the utility companies really stepped up to the plate and got us back on line quickly considering the amount of damage they were dealing with," he added.