A note from Superintendent Kathryn Powers:
Power has been restored at Twinsburg High, R.B. Chamberlin Middle, George G. Dodge Intermediate and Wilcox Primary, which means that our students who attend those schools will have classes Nov. 8.
At this time (9 p.m. Nov. 7), power has not been restored to Samuel Bissell Elementary School or to the Twinsburg Board of Education office. The latest information from Ohio Edison indicates that power is likely to not be restored for another day or so.
Therefore, students and staff at Bissell do not have school Nov. 8. Board of Education staffers will not report to work because of the power outage, and the Board of Education office will be closed Nov. 8.
Parents should be advised that due to the conditions in our community caused by Sunday’s storm, if you determine your child is unable to attend school because of those conditions, his / ?her absence will be considered excused.
Kindly be certain to contact your child’s school office to report his /? her absence and the reason for it. We appreciate your assistance.
Bissell’s Veterans’ Day program planned for Nov. 8 during the school day and the program that evening at Twinsburg High are postponed. Mrs. Johnson and her staff will collaborate to determine a rescheduled date, and she will communicate that directly to Bissell families. Our apologies for these postponements.
As you know, travel throughout our communities has been a challenge since Sunday’s storm. Travel continues to be difficult on some roads. Therefore, be advised of the following important information regarding our transportation department and transportation of students.
Pick up and drop off times in the following developments will be delayed since roads leading to and from these developments are impassible:
• Lake Plata development will be accessed via Shepard Road.
• Willowbrook development will be accessed via Pettibone Road to Liberty Road.
• Aurora Shores development will be accessed via Pettibone Road to Aurora Road to Glenwood Drive.
• Nature’s Preserve development will be accessed via Amelia Drive.
Again, pickup and dropoff times of students who live in the above mentioned developments are likely to be delayed given the detoured bus routes.
The following roads are not accessible, therefore the bus stops will be temporarily moved to the following stops:
• Jody Lynn Lane — Stop will be at Depot Road and Cannon Road.
• Liberty Ledges development — Stop will be at Bissell Drive and Irena Lane.
• Homes on Liberty Road between Glenwood Drive and Post Road — Stop will be at Bissell Drive and Irena Lane.
• Cannon Road from Liberty Road to Depot Street — Stop will be at Depot Street and Cannon Road.
• Chamberlin Road between Laurel Drive and Waldo Way — Stop will be at either Jennifer Drive and Andrew Drive or Waldo Way and Chamberlin Road.
• Old Mill Road between Route 91 and Ravenna Road — Stop will be in the parking lot of New Adventures Daycare.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the relocated bus stops or the delayed pickup or dropoff times will cause your family.
We continue to work closely with officials from our three communities to determine the adjustments that need to be made as the cleanup from Sunday’s storm proceeds.
Again, Twinsburg High, R.B. Chamberlin Middle, Dodge Intermediate and Wilcox Primary will be in school Nov. 8. Students and staffers at Bissell Elementary will not have school.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.