The Cuyahoga Falls City Schools saw its emergency levy approved, while an emergency levy for Woodridge Local Schools was rejected.
Cuyahoga Falls Mayor Don Walters defeated challenger Susan Hale by a 2-1 margin, and incumbents earned most of their bids for reelection on Falls City Council.
There will be a new face on the Cuyahoga Falls Board of Education and voters approved four local options in the city.
Here is a summary of the unofficial results, which are expected to be certified by the Summit County Board of Elections Nov. 28.
• Issue 29: Approved 5,533-4,774 — Cuyahoga Falls City School District $3.6 million, 4.95 mill, 5-year emergency levy
• Issue 35: Disapproved 2,763-2,124 — Woodridge Local School District $4 million, 8.71 mill, 5-year emergency levy
Cuyahoga Falls mayor, council
• Cuyahoga Falls Mayor Don Walters earned re-election over challenger Susan Hale 8,451-4,292.
• Two Council-At-Large seats were earned by Tim Gorbach (5,470) and incumbent Jeff Iula (5,082), who defeated Gary DeRemer (4,782), incumbent Carol Ann Klinger (3,995), and John Chapman (2,630).
• Ward 1 — Drew C. Reilly defeated Tony Malorni 697-427.
• Ward 2 — Incumbent Mary Ellen Pyke defeated challenger Julia Ann Siegferth 770-717.
• Ward 3 — Incumbent Victor Pallotta defeated challenger Meika Penta 952-781.
• Ward 4 — Incumbent Mary F. Nichols-Rhodes defeated Danielle Thames 895-487.
• Ward 6 — Incumbent Adam Miller defeated challenger Debbie Ziccardi 888-800.
• Votes for unopposed candidates were as follows: Ward 5, Mike Brillhart (1,042); Ward 7, Jerry James (983); and Ward 8, Russ Iona (1,459).
Cuyahoga Falls Board of Education
Three top vote-getters out of seven candidates for three seats on the Cuyahoga Falls Board of Education are incumbents Karen Schofield (4,041) and Kathy Taylor Moffet (3,503), and challenger Anthony Gomez (3,150), followed by Rob Huffman (3,101), Kellie Patterson (2,746), incumbent Barb Gunter (2,596), and Jim Robinette (2,120).
Woodridge Local Schools Board of Education
Unopposed incumbents were Tammy L. Heffernan (2,377), Jan Flasco, (2,323), and David Lydic (2,001).
• Issue 7: Approved (207-72) Cuyahoga Falls 2A to permit the sale of wine on Sunday between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight by HiHo Brewing Company LLC at 1707 Front St.
• Issue 8: Approved (253-64) Cuyahoga Falls 2D to permit the sale beer, wine and mixed beverages, and spirituous liquor on Sunday between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight by Italian American Citizens Club Inc., 1521 9th St.
• Issue 9: Approved (229-120) Cuyahoga Falls 3D to permit the sale of beer; wine and mixed beverages; spirituous liquor on Sunday between the hours of eleven a.m. and midnight by R-Bar & Grill, LLC, DBA Red Fox, 1767 and 1773 State Rd.
• Issue 10: Approved (231-84) Cuyahoga Falls 7A to permit the sale of wine and mixed beverages and spirituous liquor on Sunday between the hours of 11 a.m. and midnight by Missing Mountain Brewing LLC dba Missing Mountain Brewing, 2811-2821 Front St.