The American Red Cross urgently needs blood donors to make an appointment to give this winter so that patients can continue to receive lifesaving treatments.
Blood donations are urgently needed now and throughout the winter to maintain a sufficient blood supply for patients in need. To make an appointment to give blood, download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). All those who come to donate from now until Feb. 26 are eligible to receive a $5 Amazon.com gift card via email for making blood and platelet donation a priority this winter.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
• Feb. 17, 1 to 6 p.m., Western Reserve Hospital, 1900 23rd St.
• Feb. 20, 1 to 6 p.m., St. Eugenes Church, 1821 Munroe Falls Ave.
• Feb. 20, 1 to 6 p.m., Fairlawn Lutheran Church, 3415 W. Market St.
• Feb. 22, noon to 6 p.m., Barlow Community Center, 41 S. Oviatt
Feb. 22, 1 to 7 p.m., Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park, 10777 Northfield Road
• Feb. 20, 2 to 6 p.m., Acker Moore Memorial Post, 3733 Fishcreek Road
• Feb. 22, 1 to 7 p.m., Stow Munroe Falls Public Library, 3512 Darrow Road
• Feb. 28, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Cleveland Clinic Family Health and Surgery Center, Twinsburg, 8701 Darrow Road
How to help
Simply download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of agein most states(16 with parental consentwhere allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Blood donors can now save time at their next donation by using RapidPass to complete their pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of their donation, prior to arriving at the blood drive. To get started and learn more, visit redcrossblood.org/?RapidPass and follow the instructions on the site.