As conditions permit, sledding, ice skating, cross-country skiing and ice fishing may be enjoyed in select Summit Metro Parks locations, and several are lighted for after-sunset fun.
Most park areas are open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. unless otherwise posted. Visitors must bring their own equipment.
To learn whether sledding and skating areas are open, call 330-865-8060 or follow @metro_parks on Twitter.
1) Cascade Valley Park / Oxbow Area (lighted); 1061 Cuyahoga St., Akron
2) Firestone Metro Park / Warner Road Area; 200 E. Warner Road, Akron
3) Firestone Metro Park / Tuscarawas Meadows Area; 2620 Harrington Road, Akron
4) Furnace Run Metro Park / Brushwood Area; 4955 Townsend Road, Richfield
5) Goodyear Heights Metro Park / Main Entrance (lighted); 2077 Newton St., Akron
6) Munroe Falls Metro Park / Lake Area (lighted); 521 S. River Road, Munroe Falls
7) Sand Run Metro Park / North Hawkins Area (lighted); 800 N. Hawkins Ave., Akron
1) Furnace Run Metro Park / Brushwood Lake (lighted); 4955 Townsend Road, Richfield
2) Gorge Metro Park / Main Entrance (lighted); 1160 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls
3) Sand Run Metro Park / Big Bend Area (lighted); 1337 Merriman Road, Akron
1) Liberty Park / Tinkers Creek Area; 10303 Aurora-Hudson Road, Streetsboro
2) Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park: 5550 Christman Road, Green
3) Silver Creek Metro Park: 5000 Hametown Road, Norton
1) Firestone Metro Park / Warner Road Area: Redwing Trail, Walking Course and Willow Trail; 200 E. Warner Road, Akron
2) Furnace Run Metro Park / Brushwood Area: Rock Creek Trail and halfway around Brushwood Lake; 4955 Townsend Road, Richfield
3) Goodyear Heights Metro Park / Pioneer Area: Alder Trail; 550 Frazier Ave., Akron
4) Munroe Falls Metro Park / Lake Area: Skiing is permitted on paved surfaces, fields, and on Indian Spring Trail to Heron Pond; 521 S. River Road, Munroe Falls
5) Munroe Falls Metro Park / Tallmadge Meadows Area: Meadow Trail; 1088 North Ave., Tallmadge
6) Silver Creek Metro Park / Cross-country Course: 4579 Medina Line Road, Norton
7) Silver Creek Metro Park / Pheasant Run Area: Chippewa and Pheasant Run trails; 5000 Hametown Road, Norton
8) Springfield Bog Metro Park: Prairie Trail; 1400 Portage Line Road, Springfield Twp.
Cross-country skiing is also possible on the 34-mile Bike & Hike Trail, the district's 22.4 miles of the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail, and the 6-mile Freedom Trail in Tallmadge. For trailhead locations, call 330-865-8065 or visit summitmetroparks.org.