Rules for the new dog park include:
* Dogs should be leashed prior to and leaving the dog park area.
* Quickly clean up after dog, and dispose of the waste.
* No animals other than dogs are permitted in the fenced-in area.
* Owners must carry a leash and monitor their dog's behavior at all times. Owners are responsible and liable for their dogs and children.
* Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
* Limit of three dogs per person.
* Dogs must wear a collar with identification at all times.
* No choke or pinch collars allowed in the park.
* All dogs must have current licenses and be current on immunizations and shots including rabies, distemper and parvovirus.
* Park hours are dawn to dusk.
* Puppies under four months of age are prohibited.
* Problem or aggressive dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the park.
* Leave unhealthy dogs or dogs in heat at home.
* Dogs with known history of dangerous behavior are prohibited.
* Keep park gates closed at all times.
* Park visitors use the park at their own risk.
* The facility will be closed when the lake is in the freezing process or frozen.
* Please abide by posted signage in the park concerning designated areas for large and small dogs. Small dogs are 35 pounds and under.